Statement of Belief,
Based on one book, The Bible!
The core and foundation of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
- The BIBLE is God’s word. Its contents are holy, inspired, inerrant, and the final authority for faith and practice.
(PS 119; JN 10:35; 2 TIMOTHY 3:16-17; HEB 4:12; 2 PE 1:20-21)
- GOD is one, holy, loving, unchanging, and eternally existent in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
(GE 1:1; DEUT 6:4; IS 45:5; MAL 3:6; MT 28:18-19; JN 10:30, 17:22; 1 COR 8:4; EPH 4:6)
- JESUS is the is the eternally begotten, not made, Son of God. He is fully God and fully man. By his perfect obedience and sacrifice on the cross, He became the only Savior of the world for all who would believe in Him.
(IS 9:6-7, 53:4-12; MT 12:21; MK 10:45; LK 1:30-35, 9:20; JN 1:1-14, 1:18, 3:16-17, 11:25, 14:6; 2 COR 5:18-21; GA 4:4; COL 1:15-19; 1 TIMOTHY 2:3-6; 2 TIMOTHY 1:10; HEB 4:15; 1 PE 2:24, 3:18)
- The HOLY SPIRIT is the third person of the triune God. Man is utterly dependent upon the Spirit for growth in holiness.
(JN 3:3-8, 16:12-14; I COR 12:3-30; GA 5:16-26; EPH 4:3-16, 5:18)
- MAN is created in the image of God as either male or female. As created beings in His image, we are all subject to the rule and reign of our Creator. Being created in the image of God, every person has dignity, worth, and is distinguished from the rest of the created order.
(GE 1:27, 2:16-17, 3:1-24; PS 51:5; ACTS 2:38; RM 3:12, 3:23, 5:1-2, 6:23, 10:9-10, 11:29; EPH 2:1-3, 2:8-10; COL 3:23-24)
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
GE 1:1; DEUT 6:4; IS 45:5; MAL 3:6; MT 28:18-19; JN 10:30, 17:22; 1 COR 8:4; EPH 4:6
1 Timothy 2:3-6
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
IS 9:6-7, 53:4-12; MT 12:21; MK 10:45; LK 1:30-35, 9:20; JN 1:1-14, 1:18, 3:16-17, 11:25, 14:6; 2 COR 5:18-21; GA 4:4; COL 1:15-19; 1 TIMOTHY 2:3-6; 2 TIMOTHY 1:10; HEB 4:15; 1 PE 2:24, 3:18
I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
JN 3:3-8, 16:12-14; I COR 12:3-30; GA 5:16-26; EPH 4:3-16, 5:18